Under the authority of Holy Trinity Church Cannes, we are running a twice-a-month English language fellowship group in the Lorgues and central Var area. The program is being overseen by Chris and Alison Walley.
The general format was approved by both Giles Williams as Area Dean and Archdeacon Peter Hooper.
We meet twice a month on the morning of the second and fourth Fridays in the month. Dates for winter/spring are:
January: 14th and 28th
February: 11th and 25th
March: 11th and 25th
April: 8th and 22nd (note that Good Friday this year is 15th April)
May: 13th and 27th
What and where
- We would like to alternate between a number of venues depending on availability and issues such as car parking, however for the moment the meetings are all being held at the home of Chris and Alison in Lorgues.
- The two meetings each month are different. The first is a communion service conducted by someone with an Anglican Permission to Officiate. It includes discussion on a Bible passage and open prayer. The second is a straightforward discussion study based on a Bible passage or theme with prayer.
- The meetings ‘officially’ start at 11 o’clock on the Friday morning, with coffee and chat from 10:30. We follow the meeting by a communal meal which will be a simple bring-and-share affair. We will aim to start and end promptly, finishing by 1:30 at the latest.
- For the welfare and comfort of everyone we will be making it a rule (at least for the time being) that attendees should be fully vaccinated against Covid. We will be checking the latest government guidance on what we should be doing.
- In order to keep people up to date with what’s happening and to provide some prayer and pastoral support we have developed an email list and a WhatsApp group. This will also serve as a way to keep everybody in touch and a channel for prayer requests.
- We will be taking up a small collection at each meeting to cover costs of the visiting chaplain, photocopying, etc.
Although we are open to the group developing into something bigger, better and more formal, for the moment this is all it is envisaged. Let’s get this moving!
If you would like further details and/or want to be put on our mailing list, please contact the Holy Trinity church administrator (see email and number at the foot of this page).